A Beginners Guide To
Hello and welcome to the Pinterest for beginners tutorial! I hope you can navigate your way to a beautiful page, and ask that if you have questions, you feel free to reach out to me! Let’s begin! I will be walking you through the basics, over the course of four weeks. Choose your browser,
and then in the address bar, type in www.pinterest.com This will take you to the Pinterest login screen.
You will be lead to a screen which will allow you to create an account, log in using an email, or log in using Facebook. Choose one of these options. If it is your first time, you will need to create an account.
When creating your account, you will enter your name, age, and put in whether you are male, female, or custom.
Once you have logged in, Pinterest will give you five topics to follow and they will build you a custom home feed. Scroll through and select 5 topics you like or search for what you like.
When finished, your home page will look something like this:
Common Pinterest Vocabulary Words
Here are words you will want to understand when working with Pinterest
- Boards let people organize all of their Pins around different ideas, interests, and plans. They can also be an important part of your business’ identity on Pinterest. Boards show people what your business is all about, like what kinds of products you offer or what inspires you.
To create a board, take these steps:
- 1Click the Add+ link located in the top-right corner of the Pinterest site. …
- 2 Click the Create a Board button. …
- 3 Fill in the Board Name text box. …
- 4 Select an option from the Board Category drop-down list. …
- 5 Determine who can pin to the board. …
- 6 Click the Create Board button.
There is your first-week tutorial! This should give you a good start into Pinterest, and you will be able to be able to get your account up and running!
NEXT WEEK…. Learn how PINS work! See you then!